Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Quiz -- Part 2

  1. Rachel -- Thought we'd start with an easy one. Not sure if he understands that my name is "Rachel" the way that his name is "Harrison" or if some people call me "Rachel" the way he calls me "Mama." We've been around alot of people who call me Rachel instead of "Mama" lately, and he's picked up on it.
  2. Thank you
  3. Wipe your feet -- He's fairly strict on granting exceptions to the feet wiping policy (there are none).
  4. Excuse me
  5. Oh my goodness -- Applicable in many situations (exceptionally tall block towers, really dirty diapers, very large bites, other)
  6. Right here -- "Right here" in English combined with "Aqui" ("here") in Spanish.
  7. Here -- The second pronunciation ("hur") sounds like how a mountain man might say it.
  8. Over there
  9. Underarm -- He loves them, for some reason.
  10. Other underarm -- Because we all have two!
  11. Look at this -- The "this" is not always super-interesting (often a stick -- today it was a tower of alternating Cheerios and Craisins, which I have to admit was pretty good).
  12. Hewitt :)
How did you do?

Some other phrases we hear alot of but that aren't hard to translate are "I did it" and "I need..." and "Many" (in response to "How many ___ are there?" when the answer is three or greater).

No comments:

Post a Comment