Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Two Sweet Bedtime Stories

I was a single mother tonight and did baths and bedtimes for both boys by myself -- I was very lucky and got two sweeties instead of two souries (the opposite of a sweetie)...



  1. I did Hewitt's bath first and got him into pajamas while Harrison soaked, then I let Hewitt roam while Harrison got washed. When I got Harrison out of the tub, he laid down on the bathmat to get wrapped in a towel like he always does, and little Hew crawled over to lay right beside him. I decided not to intervene was rewarded by watching the two of them crack up together for no reason. Both of them lolling about on their bellies and sides taking turns giggling just to make the other one giggle. Neither of them ever said anything -- just looked at each other and laughed and laughed and laughed! I have a video on my phone, and maybe some year I'll figure out how to get it from my phone to the computer...


  2. When I tucked Harrison in, I said, "Night, night, doll baby." He smiled and said, "Night, night, doll lady." What a sweet and clever little boy!

An extra story that the second one reminded me of but that is not related to any bedtime activities...


Chris said, "Hot mom shout out!" when he got home from work the other day, and a few minutes later Harrison addressed me as "Hot lady." I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment