Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We Have a Visual

And I don't mean sonogram video or photos -- we're talking realtime action here in the form of lumps on my belly. Little Wee has gotten big enough / strong enough in the last week or two to power through all his cushioning and make little bumps in my skin.

I've been able to see movement (sometimes single pokes, sometimes drum rolls) for about a week -- especially when I'm laying on my back with my head propped up "on watch" -- but Chris just saw him for the first time this weekend. Our son is a bit of a tease and seems to have made a game of giving me enough surface pokes that I call Chris over to see but then doing a deep dive so Chris just thinks I'm making stuff up. Now Chris knows, though, that it's for real.

I kept trying to demonstrate to Chris by pulling my skin up where Wee just was, but I don't have enough extra skin to get a hold of, so that never worked! Can't really describe what it looks like any better than the word "lump" -- a little like a cartoon when a charater gets a lump on their head after getting smacked with a hammer. So now being pregnant has officially gotten weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment