Monday, June 7, 2010

First Day "Alone" / Hewitt's One Week Birthday

Well, it had to happen -- Chris went back to work and Harrison went back to school, leaving me and Hewitt alone! Here's what we did to celebrate his one week mark...

Slept late.

Took a walk. "We're going how far, Mama??"

Treated ourselves to an iced coffee (well, our neighbor who works at the coffee shop actually treated us to it). And it was decaf, of course.

Returned a book that Mama just finished. (I think I will have read every book that Jodi Picoult has written by the end of the summer.)

Got some new books for Big Brother.

And did a nap on the couch.

And then the photo-taking was discontinued because we went to pick up Harrison from school (thanks for driving us, Jenny!) and chaos soon ensued. At one point I was congratulating myself on being such a super-mom -- I was feeding Hewitt at the same time as I was reading the new books to Harrison (and keeping Harrison from sitting on Hewitt while we read). "Hey -- I'm really good at this. Maybe I'll write a how-to book..." Then Hewitt finished eating and the peaceful times were no more!

The bad news -- Hewitt did a bare-bottomed poop while I was changing his diaper and a plant got knocked off the table when Harrison was cleaning up a leaf that had fallen off of it (he put the dead leaf into the pot and happened to knock the ill-balanced plant over when he was finished -- really wasn't his fault -- we shouldn't have had the plant where it was).

The good news -- I laughed at the three of us all afternoon, no one fell down the stairs (Harrison), and no one got their fontanelle poked in by their big brother (Hewitt).

Wish us luck with day two!

No comments:

Post a Comment