Sunday, October 3, 2010

Septathalon

I love the fall, and I do my best to make my boys love the fall with me. This afternoon we went over to the track/field/exercise course at a high school near us to burn off some energy. Harrison needed to get outside, too. :) And thus was born the Septathalon...

1. Ball chasing -- It was windy out, so in case you can't understand what Harrison says, I've put the riveting dialog below the video...


"Get it, Dada! That's funny."

2. Long Jumping -- Also known as "Putting Sand in Your Pockets for Later."

3. Discus Throwing -- Harrison spins around the outside of the ring, just to be different.


4. Vaulting

Add Image

5. Balancing -- First standing on one foot and then walking the beam.



You can hear Hewitt sneeze. :) He was riding in the Baby Bjorn on the front of me, so he was right by the microphone.

6. Pushup Doing -- Least popular event.


"Let's don't do this anymore. Let's hang instead. Oops -- That was my bottom bonking on the ground. Let's go find a higher bar for hanging."

7. Hanging -- First from the side-by-side bars and then on a single bar.

Look at those abs!

Hewie getting warmed up and ready to enter the competition.

It's on!



Harrison says, "Hang, Hewitt." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment