Monday, August 27, 2012

Harrison's First Pre-K Job

There are 5 or 6 "jobs" in Harrison's pre-K class -- line leader, line caboose, light switch switcher, etc.  This week Harrison got his first assignment : Cafeteria Helper.  I heard him be selected for it when I was dropping him off this morning and couldn't help but feel a swell of pride : My boy is the cafeteria helper!  I didn't want to freak him out, though, so I just casually said, "Alright, bud!  Do some good work this week as the cafeteria helper!" without having any idea what that meant.  Turns out the cafeteria helper is the kid who collects the throw-away breakfast and lunch trays and makes sure they get in the trash can.  Sounds like an unrewarding job, if you ask me, but Harrison is taking it very seriously and lets me know each afternoon how that day's work went.  My son might be a janitor right now, but I know that this week will instill an amazing work ethic in him that will carry him to powerful leadership positions in global corporations.  Or at least maybe the light switch switcher?

No comments:

Post a Comment