Friday, September 17, 2010

Hewitt Rolls Over!

Just after 9am today, little Hewie rolled himself over. He'd been close to achieving a belly-to-back roll for a while -- could use his feet to push up to one hip but couldn't get over that pesky shoulder. This morning when I put him down for nap, there was some fussing while I went to put something away, and when I checked back on him a minute later, he had rolled himself over.

"Hewie! You rolled!"

I flipped him to his belly again and watched him try really, really hard. Sigh... No more rolling, so I walked away to do something else. Checked another minute later and he had rolled over again.

"Hewie! You rolled again!"

Third time was a charm : Flipped the chubber on his belly and then watched him roll over to his back right away (his solution to getting over that shoulder was to grab his shirt with his left hand -- that flattened his left shoulder out so it didn't interfere).

"Yay, buddy!"


Then I spent the next 10 minutes flipping him back to his belly after each roll so he'd go to sleep.

"How did I get here...?" Talking Heads / Hewitt Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment