Thursday, September 9, 2010

What Day Is It?

Harrison and Dada play a game called "What Day Is It?" every morning as they get ready for school. The game is simple : Chris asks Harrison what day it is. Harrison tells him it is Tuesday (every day...). Chris tells Harrison what day it really is.

Here's a conversation that Harrison and I had yesterday as we were leaving school...
  • Mama : "It sure is hot today."
  • Harrison : "No, Mama, it Turzzday" ("No, Mama, it's Thursday"). Not Tuesday??
  • Mama : "Actually, honey, today is Wednesday. Also, I meant that the weather is hot today. It is hot today."
  • Harrison : "No, Mama, it Turzzday."
  • Mama : "But today is Wednesday."
  • Harrison : "No, Mama, it Turzzday."
  • Mama : "Okay. And it's hot outside."
  • Harrison : "Yes. I push Hewie?" (Meaning, "Can I push Hewitt's stroller?")

I really think that we could have gone back and forth for the rest of the day! Patient and persistent -- that's Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment