Thursday, June 9, 2011

Am I Addicted To Babies?

Will I be the woman in her 80s who is going through fertility treatments in an effort to have her 30th baby (that's about one baby every other year, in case you're calculating)?

I just moved some of Harrison's clothes to Hewitt's drawers, which made me move some of Hewitt's clothes into a storage bin, which made me boohoo. The whole time. And more even after the clothes sorting was done since I called Chris to tell him about it. I still had 0-3 month onesies in Hewie's drawers! That kid is more than a year old now and is twice as long as / weighs three times more than an average newborn does. What will be in my kids' drawers when they are 10 years old? Will I still have teeny-tiny briefs in Harrison's underwear drawer even though he will have been wearing boxers for years by then? Will I still be cramming Hewitt's big feet into toddler socks with sticky tracks on the bottom? Maybe by that time, they'll spare me the emotional experience of having to purge their drawers for them and will do it themselves? "Mom, none of my friends are wearing Thomas the Train underwear. Or shirts that snap between their legs. Or pants that are sized by age in months." Or maybe I'll just be putting those tiny clothes on my 5th or 6th baby? :) I wonder how many H names can we come up with...

No comments:

Post a Comment