Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sweet Brothers

Chris opens the boys' doors and blinds in the morning on his way downstairs to get their bags packed up for school. This morning, Hewitt started fussing a little bit once he woke up and got louder and louder since neither of his parents rushed to his aid immediately. Then there was a boom and he was quiet. Absolutely silent. Which, as any parent of a young child knows, is terrifying, so I went flying into his room to see what had happened. Chris came up the stairs 3 or 4 at a time. (Good thing the kids don't realize how powerful silence can be or they'd use it on us all the time!)

I found sweet Harrison standing on the floor with his back against the crib railing and sweet Hewitt standing in the crib with his arms wrapped around Harrison. They were just standing there nicely, gazing out the window, Hewitt hugging Harrison, Harrison being there for Hewitt, while they waited for one of the big people to set little Hew free. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Turns out the boom was Harrison slamming a door closed in his hurry to get to Hewitt. He later told me, "I heard Hewie crying, so I popped up out of my bed and ran in there to help him." :) He really said "popped."

No comments:

Post a Comment