Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Harrison's First Preschool Incident

Well, it didn't take long...

What group of toddlers can exist without some strife? There was a bit of an incident today, and I can't decide whether to be proud of Harrison or hope he doesn't do it again! Ms. Marlen said, "He certainly is strong" when I was claiming him, which made me think, "Hmmm... What does that mean?" She was referring to his vise-like grip. Apparently, Harrison went over to one of the bigger kids (it's a class of 10 or so kids, all more than 1 and less than 2 years old -- Harrison is only 15 months, so he's in the younger half, plus he's little for his age), grabbed ahold of whatever that kid had, and pretty much took the boy to the ground until the bigger kid gave the thing up. I was a little open-mouthed when the teacher told me ("Am I supposed to tell her that he's never done that before or that I'll give him a talking to or what?"), but then she said, "The other kid took the thing from Harrison, so I just let Harrison take it right back." Oh! Well, good for you, little honey! Don't let that kid take advantage of you! :) But maybe that's wrong... Either way, makes me giggle to think about two little boys who are about 2 feet tall rolling around on the ground engaged in fierce battle over a plastic boat or something. I guess the art of negotiation follows the art of speaking, which we're still waiting on.

So wish us luck with the rest of the week -- and wish the other little boy luck that he stays out of Harrison's way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment