Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Leader and the Follower

My "vacation" ends after this week, so Hewitt and I have been doing some practice time in the baby room at preschool, and Chris and I told Harrison that Hewitt would be going to school with him starting next week. Harrison's concept of time (past / present / future) is a little underdeveloped, so he decided that "next week" meant "right now" when we told him the news one morning this week while he was putting his shoes on. A few minutes later when Chris announced that it was time to get in the car and go to school, Harrison looked at me and Hewitt and said, "Come on, Hoo-ee." :) How many times will we hear "Come on, Hewie" over the next few years? How long until it's preceded or followed by "Wait for me, Harrison"?

Brothers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment