Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Uno ... Dos ... Tres"

Sometimes when Harrison is "having trouble hearing us," we'll do the "One ... two ... three -- okay, now you're in really big trouble" trick that parents have used since the base ten counting system was developed. We don't do it often because we don't want to teach him that he can do whatever we're asking once we say "three" instead of doing it right when we ask, but I'll fall back on it sometimes when I have my hands full with a really big baby and can't use them to physically help Harrison comply with my request.

Well, he thinks the threat can be directed upwards, too. The other day I was doing something he didn't like, so he told me, "Mama, no. No do dat" ("don't do that"). What I was doing needed to be done, so I told him that I would be finished soon and then we could do something else. He didn't like that answer, so he said, "Uno ... dos ... tres." :) I didn't give him any response but cracked up inside and a few other times when I told people about it. He counted on me! And he did it in Spanish! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment